Race packets for Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K Run and Relay Teams include your ChronoTrack B-Tag Single Use Bib Tag. Times will be posted on the Results page following the race serving as official verification for Boston Marathon qualifiers. This Marathon is certified and times can be used to qualify for the Boston Marathon.
- Runners in the Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K Run all wear ChronoTrack B-Tag Single Use Bib Tags.
- Relay Teams
- The first and last runner of the team wear the Bib# with the Timing Chips attached on the back. The other members of your team wear bib numbers without timing chips.
- Leg #1 Runners: DO NOT CROSS THE TIMING MAT AT THE FINISH LINE. If you cross the timing mat at the finish line with your Timing Chips attached to your bib YOUR TEAM’S TIME WILL NOT BE RECORDED.
- Split times are not recorded for Relay Teams. There are clocks at every exchange and Relay Team members can time themselves using these clocks.
Bib Tag Instructions
- Pin the ChronoTrack B-Tag to the front of your shirt. Your timing chips are attached to the back of the bib.
- Keep your ChronoTrack B-Tag visible at all times. Do not hide or cover your race bib.
- Do not fold, crumple or otherwise alter your ChronoTrack B-Tag in anyway. Doing so may destroy your timing device.
- ChronoTrack B-Tags are non-transferable.
- The ChronoTrack B-Tag provides runners with accurate race timing. Through a computerized system, your tag transmitter will be read at the start and finish line. You must cross both locations to get an official time.
- You must wear the ChronoTrack B-Tag provided in your packet. Do not trade tags or bibs with anyone. Your time corresponds with your bib number.
- Each ChronoTrack B-Tag Single Use Bib Tag is checked and double-checked for functionality before they are distributed to the athlete. The tag is always “on” and does not need to be activated. There will be no “tag check” or “chip check.”