Step 1: Set Up Your Fundraising Page
Set up your own Personal Fundraising Webpage. It's a few easy steps and you can:
- Design a personal webpage page in less than 10 minutes.
- Add your personal story and upload pictures to make your webpage reflect why you are walking.
- Upload your personal email address book to help you fundraise:
- Remember to include: Friends | Family | Holiday Card List | Sports Team Roster | Co-workers
- Send emails to your family, friends and colleagues asking and thanking them for their donations.
- Monitor your fundraising and team recruitment progress.
Step 2: Share Your Story!
Share your Story! Letter writing and email campaigns are the most effective fundraising methods! Here’s a simple how-to for letter campaigns:
- Write a short letter and tell why you are participating – If you have a connection with a child or adult with a disability, discuss how this has affected your life and the lives of your family and friends.
- Tell them your fundraising goal and aim high!
- Have them visit Via@ViaNet.org to read about our success stories.
Step 3: Turn in Your Donations
If your donors make a donation online, you will be credited through the automatic system and receive an email alerting you of the gift. If your donors give you cash or checks, please fill out a donation form for each donation. Donations may be handed in at the walk or mailed to:
Via of the Lehigh Valley, Inc.
Attn: Via Marathon
336 West Spruce Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018
Double your gift! Check to see if your company will match your contribution. You may be able to complete your request online or you may need to get paperwork from your Human Resources department. Remember to ask your family, friends and other donors to check to see if their employer will match their donation.